Between the last week of class and the beginning of my internship, I had a week free. Over here, September and October mean one thing...Grape Harvest! So, I finally used my WWOOF (http://www.wwoof.org/) membership and found a cantina that needed some help. I traveled back to Piemonte to a small town called Canale, half way between Asti and Alba, a prime wine region, with a colleague-friend. We stayed with the agronomist of the vineyards for about 5 days and we worked HARD- we received room and board as pay. Some days we put in 8 hours in the vineyards and it still got pretty hot in the afternoons. I can't remember the last time I felt as dirty as I did at the end of a harvest day, with the dirt, vegetation, sticky grape juice, and sweat covering every inch of me. I also can't remember the last time I slept as well! Nor the last time I have been so sore! But I met some great people and I feel like I have a new appreciation for the wine making process and the price of a bottle!
Step 1- Collect empty crates and space them among the rows where you anticipate needing them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment